Ruffians is an award-winning barber shop and men’s grooming brand. Our focus is 100% on our customers, delivering a premium service, original products and a proper experience.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our team and take charge of all aspects of the brand’s marketing for both our shops and retail products. The role is varied but will include: digital marketing, brand strategy, PR, events, social media, brand collaborations, etc.
Alongside managing the shops marketing, you will be integral to the development and launch of our new product range – a new chapter for Ruffians. We’re seeking a self-starter with an entrepreneurial flair and start-up mentality to help drive this hugely exciting product development project.
You will work closely with and report to the CEO of the company. You will need to demonstrate a passion for business, men’s grooming, fashion and lifestyle, an interest in retail and hospitality and an ability to instigate, initiate and self-start, as you will be taking on a lot of responsibility.
– You’ll be in a start-up, progress will be rapid, you’ll see fruits of your labours quickly and will take the satisfaction from seeing the difference you are making to the company and team around you
– You will be responsible for building your team, as the role grows, you will seek and hire the best talent to work with you
– You’ll be working with a diverse team of creative people
– Exposure to, and direct contact with, some of the UK’s most exciting fashion, food, drink and lifestyle brands and publications
– Opportunity for international travel to develop our brand in new markets
– Competitive salary and holiday allowance
– Free haircuts and shaves!
– You’ll need to be a self-starter. Resources are limited at present, Ruffians is a growing company, so you need to find solutions to problems/challenges because you don’t have a big team to turn to for help.
– Occasional weekend and evening work, for events and trade shows (but you’ll get time in lieu)
– A lot of responsibility (oh wait… isn’t that a pro?)
- Digital Marketing
- Brand design and communications
- PR consumer and trade
- Brand collaborations and partnerships
- Marketing events
- Operational management
At least 3 years of marketing experience as a generalist and/or in a marketing agency
Demonstrable understanding of media operations and consumer public relations
Working knowledge of Adobe Suite, Final Cut Pro and various Content Management Systems helpful, but not essential
Deep understanding of social media
An eye for design and well-crafted products
Ability to multitask and spin several plates at once
A start-up attitude and ability to work independently
Sociable, positive and bright; with great communication skills
A knowledge of and interest in men’s hair trends and men’s fashion highly desirable
Exceptional command of the English language, with flawless spelling and grammar
If this role is right for you, email a cover letter and C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org